Saturday 28 January 2017

What's going on with Spiderman in the Rhineland?

Over the past few weeks, I've felt compelled to discuss received a few hundreds concerned emails from my fans as to where "Spiderman in the Rhineland" falls between my other side projects.

Seeing as I want to shill my new project fans are excitedly clamouring for new information, I've decided that I'm going to state fairly "officially" that the game is currently on the backburner.

The reason for this is that I've had some ideas for new mechanics, narratives, ARGs, trying new art styles and techniques but most importantly I want to make something on my own accord.

I want to be the creator of my own crazy art pieces games, rather than have them be written by someone else.

That being said, I expect I'll resume work on it either if I run out of ideas of other things to create and have some time on my hands(ha) or come the month of June this year, when production of the next Track should be set to go forward.

Now with the preamble out of the way, a screenshot from my new project:


This style may look familiar for the many few one of you who follows me and my work. This is the same art style as was shown off in "Yet Another Puzzle Game". I liked it so much that I have decided I'm going to make a marginally larger project out of it. I can't say with much certainty how long it will take, but it should be finished before the end of February.

The central mechanic is that the player character is forced to deliver a presentation they haven't prepared for. The player must select the most appropriate out of three sentences before a given number of seconds has elapsed. Fairly simple conceptually, but I like it.

Besides, the mechanic is merely the canvas on which a greater artistic expression can be painted...


No comments :

Post a Comment